Friday 2 March 2018

To solve one issue I have taken the step of having some figures made - the Spanish Grenadiers.

This has been an interesting process. I am not a sculptor, so I needed to find one. A short message on TMP and a few queries later, I picked Christian Amerise - I particularly liked the proportions on some of his examples. This was in 2016.

Christian is in Italy and I am not, I don't speak Italian, his English is getting there.

Christian produced a basic dolly, a couple of Grenadier heads, Musket and a few bits and bobs.

I sent these off to Griffin for Moulding and casting.

Quite some time later, I had collected a heap of reference material, sent this to Christian with some components, and asked for 3 figures. An Officer and 2 Grenadiers, 1 in Gaiters and 1 in Overalls. I wanted them to be a size match for the Perry 40mm range in a similar 'march attack' pose.

Christian produced these in short order, sent them to me, I made some small adjustments (I am a tinkerer) as the language issue had led to a couple of minor things needing to be changed - the length of the turnbacks being one.

I sent these off to Griffin for mastering and when they came back, I painted some examples, shown in the photo below with a Perry figure for size comparison. I think Christian did a pretty good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 After a sizeable gap, I think I can safely say that things are back in motion. I have started creating the first battalion of French Guard ...